Part III Grammar and vocabulary(15% )
36______all our kindness to help her, Sara refused to listen
37. ______before we depart the day after tomorrow, we should have a wonderful dinner party.
A. Had they arrived
B. Would they arrive
C. Were they arriving
D. Were they to arrive
38.______conflict among city-states caused the eventual decline of Greek civilization
39. ______he’s already heard the news.
A. Chances are
B. Chance is
C. Opportunities are
D. Opportunity is
40. ______his knowledge and academic background, he is basically stupi
A. But for
B. According to
C. For all
D. Thanks to
41. ______man can now create radioactive elements, there is nothing he can do to reduce their radioactivity.
D. Now that
42. ______of the burden of ice, the balloon climbed up and drifted to the South. A. To be free
B. To free
43. ______should any money be given to a small child
A. On no account
B. From all account
C. Of no account
D. By all account
44.______the advances of the science, the discomforts of old age will no doubt always be with us.
A. As for
45.______the claim about German economic might, it is somewhat surprising how relatively small the German economy actually is.
A. To give
D. Having given
46. ______the sight of the police officers, the men ran off.
47. ______the wall, we decided that we should need three tins of paint.
`A. Making up
B. Doing up
C. Putting up
D. Sizing up
48. ______ the whole, early American city planning was excellent
49. ______we are having these days！
A. What a lovely weather
B. What lovely weathers
C. What lovely weather
D. What lovely a weather
50. ______a man who expresses himself effectively is sure to succeed more rapidly than a man whose command of language is poor.
A. Other things being equal
B. Were other things equal
C. To be equal to other things
D. Other things to be equal
51. ______ he does not love her
A. As he likes her very much
B. Though much he likes her
C. Much although he likes her
D. Much though he likes her
2. A drunk man walked in, ______ in appearance.
3. A good many houses __ knocked down by the earthquake.
4. A good teacher must know how to __ his ideas.
5. A large part of human activity, particularly in relation to the environment, is conditions or events.
A. in response to
B. in favor of
C. in contrast to
D. in excess of
56. A love marriage, however, does not necessarily much sharing of interests and responsibilities.
A. take over
B. result in
C. hold on
D. keep to
57. A man has to make
for his old age by putting aside enough money to live on when old
58. A river ______through the narrow wooded valley below
59. A writer has to ______ imagination as well as his experiences for his writing A. drawing back from
B. draw in
C. draw up
D. draw on
60. According to the psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, wisdom comes from the
D. accomplishment of maturity
61. After a concert tour in Asia, Canada and the U.S., he will ______ work on a five-languageopera.Z
62. After briefly ______ the history of the author, Prof. Li turned to the novel itself immediately
A. dipping in
B. dipping at
C. dipping into
D. dipping to
63. After negotiation, the two countries ______ the terms of peace.
A. agreed with
B. agreed in
C. agreed to
D. agreed on
64. After performing a successful operation, the doctor at last pulled the patient
65. After reading these books, he was ______to the Darwinian theory of evolution
学费2万，育 龙网 整理